ROLAND PRESENTSONE MINUTE
Synthesizer Category RESULT
What does synthesize mean?
Choose the correct name of waveform on analog synthesizer?
Why did classical musicians go on strike when the synthesizer was introduced?
What is the first electronic instrument that is played without being touched?
What is the name of the synthesizer hanged from player's shoulder like a guitar?
What is the name of the hybrid-sounding method developed in the transition period from analogue to digital?
Challenge your friends! Share this quiz.
- QUESTION 01What does synthesize mean?
- ANSWER: To produce sound electronicallySynth players will tell you - the best part of playing a synthesizer is creating music using the many knobs, switches and sliders!
- QUESTION 02Choose the correct name of waveform on analog synthesizer?
- ANSWER: SawThe waveform is saw-tooth shape. "Super Saw" evolved from the sawtooth wave was created by Roland and is heavily used in trance music.
- QUESTION 03Why did classical musicians go on strike when the synthesizer was introduced?
- ANSWER: They thought it would replace the orchestraAt that time, it was thought that a synthesizer could create any sound. However, the synthesizer has a distinct sound, and was created to play along with other instruments, not replace them.
- QUESTION 04What is the first electronic instrument that is played without being touched?
- ANSWER: ThereminThe theremin was invented by Dr. Léon Theremin in 1928. The documentary "Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey" released in 1993 details Dr. Theremin's turbulent life, as well as the history of the instrument.
- QUESTION 05What is the name of the synthesizer hanged from player's shoulder like a guitar?
- ANSWER: KeytarThe "keytar" is a synthesizer that you wear over your shoulder, the same way you would a guitar. Roland's AX-SYNTH is played by many famous musicians, including Lady Gaga.
- QUESTION 06What is the name of the hybrid-sounding method developed in the transition period from analogue to digital?
- ANSWER: LA sound sourceLA Synthesis is a sound source that has a hybrid structure of PCM and analog waveforms, and features a distinctive tone different from analog synths and PCM synths.
You got it!