ROLAND PRESENTSONE MINUTE
Wind Category RESULT
Guitarist, Drummer. What is saxophone player called?
What is the nickname of Charlie Parker, a legendary saxophone player?
What is an Alto Saxophone?
Why is the Alto Sax difficult to mute?
What is an alto saxophone pitched in?
Which is the most similar fingering to a Recorder?
Challenge your friends! Share this quiz.
- QUESTION 01Guitarist, Drummer. What is saxophone player called?
- ANSWER: SaxophonistOther examples include: Trumpeter, Trombonist, Hornist, and Flutist.
- QUESTION 02What is the nickname of Charlie Parker, a legendary saxophone player?
- ANSWER: Bird"Father of Bebop" Charlie Parker had many nicknames, but was most commonly referred to as "Bird" or "Yardbird".
- QUESTION 03What is an Alto Saxophone?
- ANSWER: WoodwindThe saxophone is made of metal, but is classified as a woodwind instrument because the origin of the vibration of air is a wooden board called a "reed", and also because the sax is played by opening and closing the buttons (keys).
- QUESTION 04Why is the Alto Sax difficult to mute?
- ANSWER: Because it has so many holesTo mute a sax, you would need a case to cover it all! The easiest way to control the sound level of a saxphone is by playing an electronic saxaphone, such as the Roland Aerophone.
- QUESTION 05What is an alto saxophone pitched in?
- ANSWER: EbIn this way, musical instruments whose musical score and key are different are called "transposing instruments". The Roland Aerophone allows you to easily change keys to play along with other musicians, or tranpose to play a score.
- QUESTION 06Which is the most similar fingering to a Recorder?
- ANSWER: SaxophoneSince the recorder is a woodwind instrument, it is played using the same fingering configuration as the saxophone, clarinet, oboe, and bassoon.
You got it!